Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Welcome!

Welcome to 'Dining by the water'. My name is Max Baskin and I'm a freelance writer and lover of food. I've started this blog for a lot of reasons, but my primary goal is to provide resources for people in the Norfolk (VA), Virginia Beach (VA), Newport News (VA), and Elizabeth City (NC) areas who like to eat out.

I'll be posting reviews of restaurants that I go to, interviews with local chefs, recipies, and other information which I hope that other people will be able to get some benefit out of.

Why am I doing all of this? There are several reasons behind that, too. I have some small advertising links, though those don't really bring in much (if any) money. It's a way that I can legitimately expense my dining out experiences. It's a chance to demonstrate my writing abilities and help to further develop them. And it's a chance for me to help give back to the local community.

My first substantial post should come by the weekend at the latest, but if you're interested in finding out more, please feel free to contact me at gmbfreelance (at) gmail (dot) com and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Until later, good eating!

Max

No comments: